Young People's Sexual Health
At Charter Medical Centre we provide a friendly, confidential and free sexual health service for young people aged 24 and under.
We are a registered C-Card outlet for condom promotion. For more information about the C-Card scheme go to http://www.swish.org.uk/
S.W.A.Y. (Sex, Worries and You)
Every Thursday between 17:00 - 18:00 we run a drop in S.W.A.Y. clinic. All young people aged 24 and under, even those not registered at this practice, are welcome at this clinic. You do not need to make an appointment.
- Free condoms & lubricant
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Advice on all forms of contraception
- Coil & implanon fitting
- We also provide advice, testing and treatment for STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
Although it is a good idea to get adult support if you are under 16, you do NOT need your parent/guardian's permission to access these drop in clinics.
SHAC (Brighton and Hove Sexual health and contraceptive service)
The SHAC Team are a mix of male & female Doctors, Nurses, Health Advisers, Clinical Support Workers and Administrators
They provide information about sex, sexual health, relationships and sexual health services for people living or working in Brighton & Hove.
Visit their website to find the service you need nearby.
- See when the next 'Walk in and Wait' appointment is
- Get the clinic phone number
- Get a map
- Book an appointment online.
- Female stuff
- Male stuff
- Under 25's
- Over 45's
- C Card and free condoms
- Emergency Contraception
- Reversible Contraception
- Pregnancy testing, Advice and Referrals
- Sex, relationships & you
- Pre and Post exposure prophylaxis
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening
- HIV care
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea testing and treatment
- Hepatitis A,B,C
- Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Support Services
The following links may also be helpful:
Interactive Drug and Alcohol information website for young people, students, parents and carers.
Interactive Alcohol information website. Use the 'Drinkometer' and take the drink test to see if you have a problem with drink.
A comprehensive website for teenagers, including a facility to email questions to a doctor on a wide range of medical and sexual issues.