Charter Patient Group
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
27th March from 6- 8 pm at Charter Medical Centre
We are volunteer patients who work with the managers and clinicians at the practice to support and promote the best possible health care for all patients at the practice.
We also act as the patients’ “voice” in seeking to influence the local provision of health and social care. We do this by working with other health-related organisations in Brighton and Hove on health issues beyond the practice, such as clinical commissioning.
- We consult with the practice on the development and provision of community needs.
- We contribute to and are kept informed of practice decisions.
- We promote the needs of the community by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice to promote preventative medicine and healthy lifestyle choices.
- We produce a quarterly newsletter with news of the work of the PG.
- We ensure that patient information and advice are readily available and clearly presented.
We want to gain a wide variety of opinion.
We are exploring how to work online with members who cannot attend meetings. Perhaps you can help us with this ? Or you may wish just to receive e-newsletters and to participate in the occasional online surveys.
Are you interested in volunteering for The Charter Patient Group? Would you be able to help with any of the following activities?
- Talk and listen to patients with whom you share some needs or Interests
- Search websites at home for information useful to patients
- Help with refreshments at quarterly patient group meetings
- Take notes at quarterly patient group meetings
- Lay out information in the waiting areas
- Think of questions for surveys to send to patients
- Send your ideas to the patient participation group committee
- Join the committee which meets four times a year
- Write for the patient group newsletter and/or produce the newsletter
- Join special groups in Brighton and Hove that support health and social care
- Design publicity materials
- Help organise events for patients
- Use your IT skills to support the work of the PPG
- Keep our website up to date
Please contact The Charter Patient Group if you would like to get involved:
Like us on FacebooK Charter-Medical-Centre-Patient-GroupPP