INVITED PATIENTS MAY NOW BOOK A COVID VACCINE AT PORTSLADE VACCINATION CENTRE
Click here to go to the online booking page for the Portslade Covid Vaccination Centre.
We will send you a text or telephone you when it is your turn to book.
Your vaccination will take place at Portslade Health Centre, Church Road, Portslade, BN41 1LX. This GP-led local vaccination centre is a collaboration between all GP surgeries in Hove and Portslade (managed by West Hove and Goldstone Primary Care Networks).
OTHER LOCAL COVID VACCINATION CENTRES
If you prefer to book a vaccination at the Large Vaccination Centre at Brighton Centre, or at a local Pharmacy-led Vaccination Centre, you will receive a letter about how to do this from the NHS Covid Booking Service when it is your turn
Please visit these OFFICIAL COVID INFORMATION sites for ALL questions about the vaccines, which groups are being called, and to keep up to date on local services:
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SURGERY ABOUT THE COVID VACCINE
When it is your turn we will contact you by telephone or text to attend a local vaccination centre (not Charter). The NHS Covid Booking Servicewill also send you a letter inviting you to book a vaccine elsewhere using their service if you wish.
The order of priority will be decided by Public Health England and there are no exceptions.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ADVICE about the vaccine. Expert advice is available on the above webpages.
Warning over COVID vaccination scams
Be on your guard against fraudulent text and email messages as new scams are being sent to patients.
People are receiving a text or email notification of their ‘vaccination appointment’ and are being asked to confirm it by clicking on a link.
This looks very similar to the genuine texts being sent to patients to arrange their appointments at the GP led vaccination services.
Please follow the advice below.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is ONLY available from the NHS and it is FREE – you will never be asked to pay for it or give your bank details.
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you receive a text or email that you believe to be fraudulent please delete it. Please be assured that if you don’t respond because you are worried and it is a genuine text or email, you will remain on the vaccination list and be contacted again
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
Guidance on official NHS texts
- An official NHS text message from Charter Medical Centre about Covid will include our name. It may also include details of the vaccination centre. Scam text messages and emails usually don’t include his information
- An official NHS text message from the national booking system will be a reminder text so will include details of your booked appointment include date, time and location
If you have any further concerns about something you have received please contact the Sussex COVID-19 vaccination programme team on email@example.com
We are now offering online consultations through eConsult. If you think you need an appointment, or you want general advice, self-help or an administrative query, we would like you to complete a quick online consultation so we have all the information we need to address your needs and arrange the appropriate care and advice.
We will get back to you before the end of the next working day (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays).
Note: do not use for urgent care - e-Consult can advise whether your problem might need more urgent care.
Welcome to Charter Medical Centre
Thank you for staying CORONAVIRUS aware.
The surgery is open and we do not want you to delay your care.
TELEPHONE AND VIDEO APPOINTMENTS: Due to Coronavirus most of our appointments with nurses and Doctors continue to be Telephone or Video Consultations; they wiill invite you in to see them in surgery if neccessary.
FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENTS: Blood Tests, Cervical Screens, Childhood Immunisations, ECGsl, Flu vaccines and dressings are running again. We have made lots of changes to keep you and our staff safe; Social distancing in our waiting rooms, staggered appointments, reception screens, PPE, and clean rooms are all in place. Click here for more information.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEOS OF WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU NEED A FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT:
BEFORE ATTENDING an appointment in surgery, to keep staff and other patients safe, you MUST read the latest Coronavirus advice to find out whether you should attend your appointent; .GOV.UK/CORONAVIRUS
SERVICES: All our services can now be reached using our Internet services (such as eConsult), or by Telephone services if you do not have Internet. So please STAY AWAY from our Reception Desk unless invited to attend surgery, OR you are unable to use the Telephone or the Internet.
Thank you for your patience in this difficult year.
Click the image above if you already have a SystmOne online account. If you don't have an online account, you can create an NHS App online account without visiting the surgery: click this link Set up an NHS App account